- Help Center
- ED Loader
CloudNine Training Videos
CloudNine Discovery Portal
How do I correct "Could Not Identify Filetype" errors?
This issue arises when importing through the ED Loader engine, and/or when tiffing documents.
Below error displays:
The filetype management database has been corrupted in some manner.
To fix this in LAW version 6.18.148 and older, you will need to:
- Unistall LAW.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)
- Locate and rename the LAW50 folder to LAW50.old
To fix this in LAW version 7.0. and newer, you will need to:
- open SQL Server Management Studio.
- Expand the Database Folder.
Locate the LAW5_Management database, and delete it.
- Run the Law Configuration Utility.
Relaunch LAW. Law should now be able to import documents and identify the correct File Types/ SourceApp.
Published by: Curtis Atkins