If you would like to handle your own export and production of documents, the Self Service Production tool will allow you to export documents and document data in several forms. Through Self Service Production you can export:
- Native documents
- Document text
- Images in Tiff or PDF Form
- Load Files for Production
The Self Service Production tool is built to handle most eDiscovery Productions, If you have a unique request our Client Services team is always happy to assist.
To get to the Self Service Production tool, click on the tool bar on the upper right hand of the screen: (see Figure 51)
This will open up a pop-up form that gives you the options for creating your export. (See Figure 52)
As you can see, you have a wide variety of export options available using the utility. The bullets below correspond to the different options you are given.
- Produce Image – Exports the TIFF or PDF image of the document. Covered fully in Section 5.4(a)
- Produce Native- Exports the native file version of your document, if the native is available.
- Produce Text- Exports any extracted or OCR text, if available.
- Produce Metadata- Exports a CSV or DAT file for metadata in your search. Covered fully in 5.4(b)
- Rename to– Select the naming convention used during export
5.4(a) Exporting Images
When you select to export images from CloudNine, a drop down menu will appear giving you an increased set of options. (See Figure 53)
When producing images, documents that do not have images will have images created and loaded back into the project.
Produce Annotations and Redactions :To burn in annotations and redactions, simply select the check box listed next to each option on the menu. When Redactions are burned in redacted documents are automatically reOCRd and the corresponding text file will also be updated.
Excel Imaging Options: Allows you to select the image setting for excel files. Either image all Excel files or create slip sheets for all Excel files.
Image File Type: You can also choose which file type you would prefer your images exported as, single page tiff or multi page pdf
- Single Page Tiff (B&W)– Exports every page of a Document as Individual Black and White Tiff Images. (1 document with 10 pages will have 10 separate tiff images) a corresponding LFP and OPT load file will be provided.
- Single Page Tiff (Color)– Exports every page of a Document as Individual Color Tiff Images. (1 document with 10 pages will have 10 separate tiff images) a corresponding LFP and OPT load file will be provided.
- Single Page Tiff (Mixed)– Exports every page of a Document as either an Individual Black and White Tiff Image or a Color Tiff Image depending on the document type. (1 document with 10 pages will have 10 separate tiff images) a corresponding LFP and OPT load file will be provided.
- Multi-Page Tiff (B&W)– Exports Document as Black and White Tiff Images. (1 document with 1 Tiff file, with 10 pages inside it) a corresponding LFP and OPT load file will be provided.
- Multi-Page Tiff (Color)– Exports Document as Color Tiff Images. (1 document with 1 Tiff file, with 10 pages inside it) a corresponding LFP and OPT load file will be provided.
- Multi-Page Tiff (Mixed)– Exports Document as either a Black and White Tiff Image or a Color Tiff Image depending on the document type. (1 document with 1 Tiff file, with 10 pages inside it) a corresponding LFP and OPT load file will be provided.
- Multi-Page PDF – Loads every page of a Document into a single PDF file. (1 document with 10 pages will have 1 PDF file, with 10 pages inside it)
Endorsement: Additional Label applied to the record. An example would be Confidential
Endorsement With Label: You can place custom endorsements in six different locations
- Endorsement Text: The label text
- Label Position: Location of the label
Endorsement With Field: You can endorse with field information in six different locations
- Yes/No fields will endorse with the name of the field
- Date fields will endorse with the date in the field
- Text fields will endorse with the text in the field
- Select fields will endorse with the text of the selection made in the field
- Muti-Select Fields can not be selected
Unique Identifier Label: Also known as the "Bates Label" will allow user to add a unique number to every page on the exported records. ABC00001XYZ
5.4(b) Exporting Natives
Producing Native: Allows user to produce a native version of produced records. In order to export natives, simply click the select the checkbox next to Produce Native and a menu will drop down. (See Figure 55)
Producing Natives for Placeholders only: This will only produce records that have slip-sheets such as excel documents or videos.
If redactions have been applied no natives will be provided for redacted documents
5.4(c) Exporting Text
Producing Text: Allows user to produce a text version of produced records. In order to export text, simply click the checkbox next to Produce Text
If redactions have been applied a new OCR text file will be provided for redacted documents after the redactions have been burned in.
5.4(d) Exporting Metadata
Produce metadata is another feature to our Self Service Production utility. In order to export metadata, simply click the checkbox next to Produce Metadata and a menu will drop down. (See Figure 55)
Produce File: You can choose to export your metadata as a CSV file or DAT file or XML. By default XML and DAT are selected. DAT files are primarily used by Concordance and other Data Review software, so if your opposition will load into Concordance, you may need to export this option.
Produce Fields: By Default fields extracted by CloudNine will be preselected. You can choose to export all fields by clicking the checkbox or manually select the fields to export There is also a scroll bar on the right of the fields to export box to allow you to view the full list of fields accessible in CloudNine.
Your Unique Identifier Fields will be included by default if select for images.
5.4(e) Rename to
Do Not Rename: Keeps current naming in the system. Not recommended with native data due to duplicate names existing
CloudNine Doc ID: Allows users to rename records to the CloudNine Doc ID
Unique Identifier: Allows users to rename records to a control number such as a Beg Doc or Beg Bates number
- Unique Identifier Prefix: Is the starting characters on ever label (ABC00001XYZ)
- Starting Number: The number you start the sequence on (ABC00001XYZ)
- Unique Identifier Suffix: The ending characters on ever label (ABC00001XYZ) Not required
- Unique Identifier Length: The length of the numbers used (ABC00001XYZ, 5 in this example)
- Unique Identifier Position: Location of the label
5.4(f) Submitting Your Export
After you have chosen all the required selections, and your Self Service Production is ready to begin, select the “Start Production” at the bottom of the form.
The form will disappear and a pop-up will replace it, giving you the total number of documents and the format that will export, and asking to confirm. (See Figure 56)
Select continue to begin your export. When begun, another pop-up message will display, telling you that it has begun and that you will receive an email when your export has completed. (See Figure 57)
5.4(g) Managing your Exports
After you receive your notification email that your Self Service Production is ready, you need to be able to go download it. You can do so within the project or on the Home Screen by selecting Productions within the Activity menu. (See Figure 58)
Clicking this button will pull up the list of Self Service Productions shown below in Figure 59:
This menu will provide information about your production, including the time stamp and file size. The Eyeball lets you download your Self Service Production, the X lets you delete it. A hosting fee is charged for each Self Service Production hosted on the server per your contracted agreement.
If you would like your produced images loaded back into the Project contact our Client Services team.